Survival rates have barely changed in 30 years.
Working together to create a brighter future for patients and their families.
The Brain Cancer Centre
To deliver our vision, we need both a sense of urgency to improve the outcomes for brain cancer patients now and a commitment to long-term research that will provide life-changing treatments for future generations.
To be successful, a radically different approach to brain cancer research in Australia is required.
We will develop a system that:
- has CRITICAL MASS, significant funding, researchers and momentum driving us towards our mission;
- is COMPREHENSIVE, spanning discovery, translational research, clinical trials, data and tissue banking, and quality-of-life research;
- is COLLABORATIVE, harnessing the expertise of
multidisciplinary teams of scientists (biologists, chemists,
mathematicians, computer scientists and technologists)
and clinicians (oncologists, surgeons, radiation
oncologists and immunotherapists);
- is COLLEGIAL, where up-and-coming researchers are
attracted into the field to be inspired and mentored by
experienced scientists; and
- is COMMITTED to long-term research underpinned by